The dreaded return policy… This is the awkward conversation that no vape shop wants to have with their customers. But it’ll be way more awkward if we gloss over this part—don’t you think?
Look, we want you to be happy, satisfied, and cigarette free. And if you know us, you’ll know that we’ll do just about everything in our power to make sure of that.
But at the end of the day, we’re limited by the policies of our suppliers and manufacturers. And unless we want to go out of business, our own policies have to reflect these limitations.
So please read our return policy carefully.
Our general warranty comes into effect the moment you purchase something from us, and remains in effect for 30 calendar days from purchase.
Please inspect your items carefully before you leave the store, as wear and tear, scuffs, and scratches will automatically void your warranty.
Customers are responsible for return shipping costs to us. VapeLoft will handle the shipping cost associated with replacing your defective devices. You may submit return/support ticket by emailing us here.
If you received free shipping on your order, our shipping costs will be deducted from your refund/credit.
What is NOT covered:
- Consumable items (e-liquid, tanks, coils, batteries, accessories, and parts)
- Damaged devices (improper usage, water damage, drops, abuse, wear and tear)
- Cosmetic issues
- Tank leaks, dry hits, or shorted coils
- Units functioning up to spec (i.e. you changed your mind)
- Modified products
- Software issues
- Using improper or damaged battery in device
- Clearance items
- Final Sale items
What IS covered:
- DOA devices (not turning on or functioning)
- Screen malfunctions
- Chip issues (auto-firing, not recognizing any atomizers, “low battery” on a fully charged battery)
- Manufacturing defects
- Internal battery defects (if applicable)
All of this comes down to your device being defective. Basically, if you received a lemon, we’ll have no issues switching it out for you.
But if your device has any visible damage or signs of improper usage, we won’t be able to offer a replacement. This is because none of our suppliers will accept returns on visibly damaged or misused items.
So to avoid potential issues, please inspect your device and test it as soon as you purchase it.
Determining warranty coverage
In order to determine whether or not your device is covered by our warranty, we’ll have to work through a comprehensive troubleshooting process.
We have two big reasons for doing this.
Firstly, most warranty claims are not actually defective units. They’re usually fairly simple issues that can be resolved with the guidance of our vape experts.
Secondly, in order for returns to be processed with our suppliers and manufacturers, we have to meet some very strict conditions.
- Was the device working out of the box?
- When did the problem first arise?
- Can the problem be replicated?
- Is the exterior damaged, scuffed, scratched, or bent?
- Is the battery door in good condition?
- Are the battery terminals damaged or shifted?
- Are the 510 pin, seal, and threading damaged?
- Are there signs of water damage?
- Are there signs of fire damage?
- Does the issue persist with different tanks?
- Does the issue persist with different batteries?
- Are the device settings correct?
- Can the issue be resolved with a firmware update/downgrade?
If you are visiting one of our stores, keep in mind that this process may take up to 30 minutes. So please plan your visit accordingly.
If you are submitting a return online, this process may take up to 7 business days.
If your item is covered under our warranty, you are eligible to exchange it for a sealed item of the same SKU (if the item is in-stock), a SKU of equal value, or store credit.
Items still sealed in the original manufacturer’s packaging can be returned for store credit or within 30 days of purchase.
Receipt must be present to process returns.
Product serial number must match to the serial number on the receipt.
Please note that returns are subject to a 10% re-stocking fee, deductible from your store credit.
Final Sale Products
Because a large percentage of vaping products are consumable/cannot be officially refurbished, their manufacturers do not accept returns. So vape store policies have to reflect this as well. As such, the following products are final sale:
- Pre-Filled Pods (STLTH, JUUL)
- Pods (Empty)
- Tanks (Unless DOA)
- Drip tips
- Rebuildable products
All products sold on vapeloft.com are intended for adults. A signature and proof of age (21, 19, 18 Dependant on your location) will be required upon receipt of your package.
If your signature and proof of age are not collected during delivery, your package will be sent back to our warehouse and you will not be eligible for refund on final sale items, all eligible items will incur a 50% restocking fee. So unless you are of age, please do not order any products from our website.
Return shipping costs
Once your return request is approved, you will receive further instructions and you may ship the items back to us. You are responsible for shipping costs associated with your return. We will cover the shipping back to you.
If you received free shipping on your order, we will deduct our shipping costs from the return amount.
*SHIPPING COSTS ARE NOT REFUNDABLE